Sling TV just debuted a new Windows 10 app for PCs and tablets, tailored specifically to Windows 10 users. The app includes the new UI that we launched in June, in addition to a few new features unique to the Windows 10 experience:
• Live Tiles – Love Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead? You can easily see content updates from your selected “Favorites” and the “Continue Watching” ribbon when you pin Sling TV to your start menu.
• Cortana Voice Integration – Quickly search for specific shows or channels by voice, using Cortana, Microsoft’s personal digital assistant. Try saying, “Watch ESPN on Sling,” and Cortana will pull up your content in the Sling TV app.
• Vertical Menu – Windows 10 users will feel right at home with a vertical main menu in the app.
• Responsive User Interface – Sling TV on Windows 10 was built using Microsoft’s Universal Windows Platform (UWP), so that your screen easily adapts to different sizes as you’re viewing content.
• Touch Compatibility – Sling TV works on both touch and non-touch Windows 10 devices.
Current Sling TV customers can download the Sling TV app directly from the Windows Store, and new customers can sign up for a Sling TV account within the app when they download the Sling TV app for free on a Windows 10 PC or tablet.
If you haven’t heard, we’re adding new movies and shows from STARZ and STARZ ENCORE. And you’re not going to want to miss the debut of Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Sept. 10 at 9 p.m. ET on STARZ!
Chief Product Officer, Sling TV