At Sling, we love TV, but we know it’s not always convenient to watch it live. Thankfully, Slingers can get their entertainment any way they like, whether it’s live, on-demand or recorded on their Cloud DVR. Today we’re giving you more choice and control over your Slinging experience by expanding our Cloud DVR to Chrome browser, Chromecast, Xbox One, LG Smart TVs and 2016 and 2017 models of Samsung Smart TVs, making DVR available on almost all of your devices.
By adding Cloud DVR to your account, you’ll be able to record up to 50 hours of your favorite shows and movies and watch later for just $5 per month with any Sling TV subscription. DVR functionality not available on select channels or on 2018 models of Samsung Smart TVs and the X1 platform. For more information about Sling-supported devices, visit our Help Center.
Haven’t tried Sling’s Cloud DVR yet? Here are some of the features you’ll get:
• Watch anywhere, anytime – Record your favorite shows from your favorite devices and watch wherever you want with the freedom to pause, rewind or fast-forward your recorded content. When viewing a recording on FOX channels, if a recording is available from FOX on-demand, you will automatically be redirected to the on-demand content.
• No conflicts – Record multiple programs simultaneously, without any recording conflicts.
• Keep recordings for later – You won’t run in to expirations on your recordings, so you can keep them as long as you have Cloud DVR.
• Protect your recordings – Want to watch that epic sports play over and over or keep a favorite movie from being deleted? Simply choose “Protect” in the “Manage DVR” section, and the recording will stay on your DVR as long as you subscribe.
• DVR Folders – Access all your recordings from one series from a single folder to easily navigate between recorded episodes.
• Record from Franchise – Record a show or series from its franchise screen, with the ability to see episodes available on demand and set a recording for new episodes as they come out.
• Auto-managed storage – Sling will automatically manage the Cloud DVR space to make room for new recordings when capacity is full by deleting the oldest “watched” recording.
Customers may add Cloud DVR to their Sling TV account by signing in to their account on sling.com and selecting “Add Cloud DVR,” or sign up through the app on select devices.
Vice president of product management, Sling TV