Just in time for the holidays, we are giving Sling subscribers the gift of Cloud DVR with the new “Cloud DVR Free.” Now, Slingers who don’t already subscribe to Cloud DVR can experience the joy of watching shows, movies and events on their own time, with 10 hours of storage space on the most flexible Cloud DVR in streaming, at no added cost.
We’ve even upgraded your Cloud DVR experience – you can now record your favorite channels, including Disney and ESPN channels* and use player controls on any recorded content.
Cloud DVR Free Features
- Watch anywhere, anytime – Record multiple shows or movies simultaneously from any of your Sling devices and watch wherever you want in the U.S.
- Fast-forward through ads – Save time with the freedom to pause, rewind or fast-forward recorded content, including commercials.
- Save recordings – Keep recordings as long as you choose, with no expiration.
- Record favorite channels – Subscribers can now record all live linear channels on Sling, including Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, Freeform, ESPN, ESPN2, ACC Network, SEC Network, ESPN Bases Loaded, ESPN Deportes, ESPN Goal Line, ESPNEWS and ESPNU.*
- Auto-managed storage – Sling will automatically manage the Cloud DVR space to make room for new recordings when capacity is full by deleting the oldest “watched” recording.
How to Add Cloud DVR Free
Cloud DVR Free will automatically appear starting today for new Sling customers, and will roll out to existing customers in the coming weeks, if they are not already subscribed to “Cloud DVR Plus” add-on.
If you can’t wait, here is how to add Cloud DVR Free yourself:
- Sign in to sling.com/account
- Click “Add Free Cloud DVR”
- Review order/submit
Once added, you should see Cloud DVR Free appear as an option immediately. To use Cloud DVR Free, simply hit “record” on any series, episode or other programming from your Sling-supported device. Cloud DVR functionality not available on Comcast Xfinity X1 devices.
Cloud DVR Plus
For customers who want the flexibility of more space, they can upgrade to 50 hours of storage with Cloud DVR Plus for only $5 per month with any Sling service subscription. With Cloud DVR Plus, subscribers get the added benefit of protecting recordings from being auto-deleted when storage is full. To add Cloud DVR Plus to a Sling TV subscription, upgrade in-app on select devices, or choose “Change Subscription” on the “My Account” page of sling.com.
President, Sling TV
*Digital networks, such as ESPN3, ACC Network Extra, SEC Network+ and Local Now, are not eligible for recording on Sling.