We know many of our customers have enjoyed having a “First Look” at Sling’s Cloud DVR feature, so today, we are giving you even more control on how, when and where you watch by expanding with even more new channels, devices and features to make recording and watching your favorite content even easier. Now, Sling TV subscribers using Amazon, Android, Apple TV, Roku and Xbox One devices can purchase 50 hours of DVR storage for just $5 per month, to record your favorite movies and shows and watch on your time. (Cloud DVR functionality not available on all channels.)
DVR subscribers can now record content on FOX channels – this means you can now set and watch a recording that airs on FOX local networks, FOX Sports 1 (FS1), Nat Geo, and FX. If the recording is available from FOX on-demand, you will automatically be redirected to the on-demand content.
You can now schedule, manage and watch your recordings on Xbox One, in addition to Amazon Fire TVs and Fire tablets, Android mobile devices, Android TVs, Apple TVs, Roku streaming players and Roku TVs. We will continue to expand Cloud DVR to all Sling TV supported devices in the future, including support for Windows 10, AirTV Player and iOS devices in the coming weeks.
We’ve added new requested features to Cloud DVR, including the ability to protect your recordings and folders to group like recordings together.
- Protect – Want to watch that epic sports play over and over or keep a favorite movie from being deleted? Now you can! If you want to keep a recording, simply choose “Protect” in the “Manage DVR” section, and the recording will stay on your DVR as long as you subscribe.
- DVR Folders – We know it can be time-consuming to scroll through all your recordings, so we’ve made it simpler by grouping shows from one series into a single folder. That way, if you’re looking to catch up on every Game of Thrones episode before the premiere or binge-watch House Hunters, you’ll find all your recordings in one place. Roku users can currently see the new DVR Folders feature, and we will continue rolling it out to other devices soon.
- Record from Franchise – Now you can record a show or series from its franchise screen, so if you search for a show like “The Walking Dead,” you can see episodes available on demand and set a recording for new episodes as they come out.
In addition to the new “protect” and “folder” options, other features current Cloud DVR customers love include:
- Conflict-free recording– Record multiple programs simultaneously, and forget about recording conflicts.
- Keep recordings as long as you want– With Sling TV, your recordings won’t expire as long as you remain a Sling TV subscriber with Cloud DVR.
- Auto-managed recordings– Sling TV will make room for new recordings by deleting your old recordings as you reach capacity, starting with your oldest ‘watched’ recording, so you can binge on your new favorite show.
- Easy sign-up – Cloud DVR is easy to add or remove from your account, just like any other Extra on Sling TV. Customers may add Cloud DVR to their Sling TV subscription by signing in to their account on sling.com and selecting “Add Cloud DVR.”
Cloud DVR is currently only available on Amazon Fire TVs and Fire tablets, Android mobile devices, Android TVs, Apple TVs, Roku streaming players, Roku TVs and Xbox One consoles.
Lastly, we want to hear from you! We’re continuing to expand DVR and make it better for you, so shoot our team an email at DVR@sling.com and let us know if you have feedback or if there’s a feature you’d like added. To keep up with the latest announcements, bookmark this blog, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter (@Sling).
Vice President, Product Management, Sling TV